Munson Healthcare Home Health
1105 Sixth St.
Traverse City, MI 49684
Comprehensive Health Care in Your Home
Munson Healthcare Home Health is the largest, most comprehensive home health provider in northern Michigan. We’ve built our reputation for excellence by providing kind, attentive, and respectful in-home care for more than 50 years.
As a part of Munson Healthcare, we deliver the highest quality home health care in the region. Guided by physicians and qualified community experts, our home health services include:
- Home care: We offer short-term nursing, as well as other types of care in your home. Medicare, Medicaid, and many other health insurance companies cover most of our home care services. In addition, we are the only organization in the region to offer daily remote patient monitoring through a tablet computer.
- Home medical equipment (HME):We carry all types of medical equipment and supplies, whether you need a wheelchair, oxygen, or diabetes testing supplies. Many items are available to the public without a prescription, but Medicare and most other insurance will typically cover prescribed home medical equipment. Our retail stores are open to the public and located in Cadillac, Gaylord, and Traverse City.
- Hospice: Our hospice services are designed to support patients and their families holistically. We care for your physical, emotional, and spiritual needs — all in the comfort of your home.
- Medical alert system: Our personal emergency response system links you to 24-hour assistance at the push of a button. Our customer service team as part of Munson Home Health, will help you determine the best options for you that help you feel safe in your home 24 hours a day.
- Palliative care: We can help you and your loved ones feel more comfortable during treatment of your serious illness. Led by palliative- and hospice-certified providers, the ultimate goal of our palliative care services is to improve the quality of your life.
- Private duty services: Providing short-term care as you recover from an illness or injury or long-term in-home care, our private duty providers can take care of personal care, daily tasks or even complex nursing care. Private duty services are covered by some health insurance plans, long-term care insurance, and state-sponsored programs.
- Transportation: Relying on family and friends for transportation to medical care is not always an option. Our transportation service provides trained caregivers with wheelchair accessible options to take you where you need to go safely and affordably, seven days a week.
- Patient and family resources: Munson Healthcare provides a variety of patient and family resources which include hospice bereavement support services and grief support opportunities. In addition, we offer an online form for patient and family feedback, including a way to express thanks to one of our Munson Healthcare Home Health team members.
Our Home Health Mission, Vision, and Guiding Behaviors
Munson Healthcare Home Health provides a full continuum of high quality, community-based care to patients and families at every stage of life. We focus on this mission every day as we strive to achieve our vision – developing forward-thinking and innovative partnerships that empower patients and communities to optimize quality of life. As our team works together with patients and family members, our guiding behaviors and values direct our care:
- We support each other in serving our patients and communities.
- We communicate openly, honestly, respectfully, and directly.
- We are fully present.
- We are all accountable.
- We trust and assume goodness in intentions.
- We are continuous learners.
- We are committed to a culture of safety.
- We demonstrate integrity.
- We are good stewards of our resources.
Home Health Services across the Region
Dedicated to helping patients and families across the region, Munson Healthcare Home Health provides services in 24 northern Michigan counties. Learn more about specific services available by county within our service area.