The Aging and Disability Resource Collaborative of Northwest Michigan (ADRCNM) and the Traverse Bay Area Hoarding Task Force are pleased to offer an upcoming webinar What is Hoarding? on July 15, 2015 at 10am. Meredith Hawes with the National Fire Protection Association will talk about hoarding as a mental health condition, its effects on public safety and options for assisting those with hoarding tendencies.
Who should attend?
· Professionals working with clients or patients that have hoarding issues.
· Anyone interested in hoarding or public safety.
· Individuals wishing to know more about how local task forces can make a difference.
During the webinar participants will learn to:
- Dispel and debunk myths about hoarding.
- Identity the characteristics that indicate an issue with hoarding.
- Discuss what it means to hoard and how this effects fire and life safety.
- Review fire safety hazards in residences where a person that hoards lives.
- Review safety topics that should be covered with the public surrounding hoarding.
- Discuss options for local task forces to address this social problem.
To register, please go to http://adrcnmi.org/partner-area/events/.
For more information about the Traverse Bay Area Hoarding Task Force, please go to http://adrcnmi.org/special-initiatives/.
Contact information: adrc.nwmi