BASA is a unique blend of both public and private services working together for the good of older adults, families and caregivers in our region.
The mission of the Bay Area Senior Advocates (BASA) is: To support and enrich the lives of older adults through collaboration.
From our Chairman:
The members of BASA are actively engaged in improving the lives of the seniors in our area. As a group, we represent over 90 different agencies and businesses in our community that serve seniors. This has allowed us to address unmet needs, advocate on behalf of our clients and customers and improve our overall understanding of what seniors need. We meet monthly with nearly 50 in attendance each week, allowing for an extensive exchange of information. Bay Area Senior Advocates is open to any non-profit or for-profit business that is interested in connecting with others who care about and serve seniors in the greater Grand Traverse Area. The Senior Expo is an event all members proudly participate in every 3rd Wednesday in May. All members are expected to be actively involved in this event. All members are encouraged and welcome to join in on all discussions including monthly Steering Committee meetings and intermittent special interest committees.
Contact any BASA member to learn more about us and how you can be involved!
Lori Wells, B.A.S.A Chair
Grand Traverse County Senior Center Network
801 E. Front St., Traverse City, MI 49686
- Thank You! May 17, 2017
- Hoyer Lift Needed February 16, 2016
- January Meeting January 19, 2016
- CSA January report January 19, 2016
- Greenhouse Living in Kalkaska January 14, 2016
- Greenhouse Living for Seniors in Kalkaska January 14, 2016
- BASA November Agenda November 17, 2015
- Hoyer Lift and Stand up Lift for sale November 16, 2015
- Rental of a small electric wheelchair needed November 16, 2015
- EQUIPMENT FOR SALE November 16, 2015